Friday, January 8, 2010

Home made *boogie wipes*

FINALLY! I have a sick baby to test out my newest creation! I received some Boogie Wipes as a shower gift. After reading the lable I realized I could TOTALLY make these!! (only minus the shady 8 syllable ingredients and preservatives). Here's my not-so-precise recipe SO FAR:

16oz mug
a pinch of sea salt
a centimeter of aloe juice
an entire vitamin E capsul
2 drops of lavender
a squirt of witch hazel
hot water to the top of the mug
whole leaf chammomile tea in tea strainer

I put all of the ingredients into the mug, poured hot (not boiling) water over the top and set the tea strainer in. Next I'm going to cut a flannel recieving blanket into squares (maybe 4"x4") soak and wipe away! I'll let y'all know how these work out!!

2 comments:

  1. I am about to do the same thing. I got some flannel fabric on sale and I am making my son a stack of spider man boogie wipes. I will make a saline solution much like ours only I will put it in a spray bottle so he can spray the wipe prior to using it. This way I do not have them getting dry or growing any mildew in a container. They are great to keep in your car with a ziploc baggie for any used ones. They are super absorbent for spills and for when the drive through forgets to give you napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did this work out?
    Thx!

    ReplyDelete