Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pregnancy... Before and After.....

When I got to be about 5 months prego, I couldn't even imagine having my old body back. I couldn't even fit a calf into the pants leg where my thigh used to go. I gained 39lbs; which doesn't sound THAT bad but I also gained 39 million stretch marks and am left with the dreaded 'droopy mama tummy'. Well, droopy mama EVERYTHING. I honestly thought my life was OVER. I wish I were kidding but alas, I am not. Originally when I posted this I thought for sure the difference would be a little more astounding. My body HAS changed, and maybe these pics don't do the transformation justice, but really, it's not as bad as I had thought. BAD! But not as bad as I was thinking.... Well, until I get the courage to post a close-up!

Actually, I was 12 weeks prego in the before pics. But there was no baby bump to be found, yet, anyway. Afters are 6 months postpartum. I weigh the same in both pics.












Here's a fun fact for you: YES! My tattoos were obliterated. When I asked my tattoo artist if there was any salvaging them, not only did he say, "NO" but threw in a, "Wow, I've never seen anything like that before..." Lesson learned, Ladies: DON'T GET STOMACH TAT'S!!! :-)
Here's a 'during' pic. Nine months prego. Taken June 12, 2009; three days before Jericho was born.

5 comments:

  1. I had to search for your stretch marks! You're brave mamma...and you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should post a picture taken in better light!! Haha! I think I would be *ok* if I didn't get stretch marks EVERYWHRE. I mean, EVERYWHERE! Chub, cellulite, even varicose veins have the potential to go away. Not so with stretch marks. Why couldn't have I gotten a hemorroid instead? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog Hethir! Thanks for the encouraging pictures... there is hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I started spending a lot of time on WTE, I saw this one pic a girl has posted of a tattoo she had just gotten. It was a long [half] quote down her side (I say half because there were only opening quotations, no closting ones!) and I dunno if this girl was pregnant (I hope not seeing as the tattoo was fresh!) or if she had just had a baby but I was like, enjoy having babies with that on your side! What's that joke? My lizard turned into an alligator or something? Thank goodness mine is on my foot! lol

    ReplyDelete