Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting rid of acne... Naturally....

OK, I just yesterday read that raw (meaning unpasterized) honey can be used to get rid of pimples. I'm trying it to see how this works. I bought the honey at my local food Co-op (it's expensive! $7 or 8 for a tiny jar! But, acne meds are a lot more expensive than that) and rubbed into my face after washing it with Dr.Bronners Peppermint Castile soap (awesome stuff. I bought a tiny travel bottle of this for maybe $4 at Fred Meyer). Then I went to bed. It was a bit sticky but it wasn't gooey at all. There is no honey residue on my pillow, either. This AM I woke up to a bit of a clearer face, but that could have been because I actually washed it last night!

(A side note: since having Jericho I haven't bothered washing my face except for when I shower. My skin is no worse or no better since ditching my chemical-laden Clearasil acne wash).

Our skin is highly effected by what we eat and drink. I personally believe that things such as acne, some mood disorders and even cavities are symptoms of deficiencies in our diets. I've had GREAT, noticable results before just by upping my water intake and popping a "hair, skin and nails" vitamin. Cod-liver oil is supposed to be EXCELLENT for your skin and numerous systems in our bodies. It's high in vitamins A and D and provides Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s support your nervous system, brain and hormone systems. Just make sure you get "naturally produced, unheated, fermented, high vitamin cod liver oil" (www.westonaprice.org) such as that made by Twin Labs or Now (I think you can buy both of these brands at Fred Meyer or Safeway).

Since I have to world's worst diet right now and our budget is too tight to afford my prized Cod-liver oil, I'm sticking with the raw honey. I guess it takes around 2 weeks to see results. I'll keep ya posted. I bet a "before" pic would be good. Ok, I'll take one and post it in a bit (unless Jericho wakes up!!)

2 comments:

  1. I have a mild form of psoriasis and eczema and I use raw honey and their have been noticable improvements! i get it from www.pyreneeshoney.com the darker honeys like eucalyptus tend to work best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!! good to know! :-) I will check out that website.

    ReplyDelete