Monday, July 19, 2010

Teething and tantrums and fever, OH MY!


Jericho's premolars have been threatening to emerge for the last month. It started with Niagra Falls being unleashed down his chin but nothing too serious. We're now in deep (or should I say JUST below the surface, haha!) and my baby is miserable. Jericho's fever set in yesterday, runny nose last night and he's been attached to the boob all morning.

Let me add that when my baby gets teeth, NOTHING seems to work for relief. When his front top ones emerged, not even Motrin touched the pain. At night, he woke up every hour for 4 weeks and 3 days. The very day the 3rd (out of 4) top tooth came in he slept a blissful 8 straight hours. Once the very last tooth came in he slept 11 hours straight. I clearly have a 'bad teether' on my hands. Oh, and by the way, the Motrin I gave my child was later recalled. Ick. I've determined that Motrin and Tylenol will NOT be used to treat teething (or fevers but that's a different post).

I posted the picture of Jericho frantically attempting to unlock the door because you can see the magnet teething necklace that a mom at church made for us. It hasn't made much difference for us but it has worked wonders for other babies.

OK, so, my reason for posting: today my Baltic Amber teething necklace arrives. My intentions are to have a running dialouge while I try the amber to see if it works. I'm praying it does! The mailman couldn't get here soon enough! In my research I have NOT found ONE bad review of using Baltic Amber as a natural analgesic (I hope I'm spelling that right).

Here is a link where you can read the benefits and logic of the necklaces: http://www.amberartisans.com/coamtene3.html.

Here is the necklace we ended up purchasing: http://www.momsmilkboutique.com/Baltic-Amber-Round-Bead-Honey-Necklace.html

I will post later about whether or not the necklace helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment